Tascam CD-500B Single Rack CD Player with Balanced Out
An edge-grabbing loading drive prevents disc from damage
An edge-grabbing slot-in loading mechanism is employed as part of the disk loading method. This mechanism inserts CDs by holding the circumferential area of the disc, protecting the disc surface from damage.
A front-panel 10-key pad enables you to select a track while the flash start playback feature will instantly play the selected track the moment you push the button.
A professional-grade player with a rich variety of audio control I/O
For audio input and output, analogue unbalanced RCA input and COAXIAL and OPTICAL digital outputs are available.
The external control method includes a Parallel I/O, an RS-232C serial control and a separately-sold RC-3F foot switch.
Other additional features include an anti-shock memory that realizes stable playback, a panel lock function, and an eject-block function during playback.
These thorough features play a key role in crafting a highly reliable facility and transmission systems.
Relay playback on two or more units
By connecting two or more CD-500 units with 2.5mm remote cables, automatic continuous playback one after another and alternating playback between two units are supported.
Versatile CD player for all kinds of situations
The CD-500 that simultaneously establishes a high level of reliability and rich variety of functions is a standardized CD player model that can be used in a wide variety of purposes, including wedding ceremonies, event halls, fitness clubs, minute taking in meetings, PA/SR sites, and recording studios.
Features at a glance
- Slot-loading mechanism
- RCA unbalanced output
- XLR balanced output
- Optical and Coaxial S/PDIF digital outputs
- XLR AES/EBU output
- All, single, random, A/B and 99-track program play
- Incremental play
- Track elapsed, track remain, disc remain time display
- Call function: return to last play start point
- Intro check
- Fade in/out (0 to 10 sec., in 0.5 sec. steps)
- Power on play
- Frame-accurate search
- Skip back play
- Activate or deactivate the wireless remote
- Relay play with multiple units through 1/8" relay in/out jack
- Index search (CD-DA discs) and directory search (MP3 discs)
- Mono output
- Fader start / Event start
- EOM (End of Message)
- WAV file (up to 48kHz/16-bit) and MP3 file (up to 320kbps VBR) playback
- Headphone output
- RS-232C and Parallel control
- Wireless remote controller included
- Foot switch input (for optional RC-3F foot switch)