Tascam CD-RW901MKII A Professional CD Recorder/Player
The CD-RW901MKII is a professional CD recorder that replace the best-selling CD-RW901SL. An AKM AK4528VM is employed for AD/DA conversion for clean and clear sound quality, while a new tray-loading transport manufactured by TEAC ensures years of reliable operation in the most demanding installations, allowing gapless recording that conventional PC drives can't. More recording features like Auto Track Creation help the operator create polished recordings without constant supervision.
With the CD-RW901MKII, balanced analog input/output jacks and external control terminals are included. Additionally, long-run continuous recording (and overlap recording) is possible by connecting multiple CD-RW901MKIIs with an accessory cable. An ISRC/RID code can be displayed to check the recording in a mastering studio. Whether used for PA/Sound Reinforcement playback, studio, mastering, or broadcast, the CD-RW901MKII is a TASCAM's latest generation of reliable CD recording and playback.
TEAC-made CD drive with customized firmware
Various useful features have been added to the CD-RW901MKII to meet all kinds of professional needs. CD drive for example, a TEAC-made CD drive is employed for excellent durability and reliability, performing finely-tuned responses – gapless recording while increasing track number, for example – thanks to its customized firmware developed by in-house engineers.
Other features include rich playback function and a high level of audio performance enable the CD-RW901MKII to be used as a professional-grade CD player. The audio circuit is also equipped with high level capabilities, with a high-spec frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.8dB.
CD-RW901MKII: developed for studio mastering and broadcasting stations
The CD-RW901MKII, being a superior model, is designed by reinforcing the analogue input and output terminal of the CD-RW900MKII in addition to implementing external control terminals.
Long-run continuous recording (overlap recording) is now available by connecting multiple CD-RW901MKIIs, while the ISRC/RID code display function allows the CD-RW901MKII to be used as a recorder/player for checking in a mastering studio.
The CD-RW901MKII is also perfect for professional acoustic settings such as PA and sound reinforcement, and the CD-RW901MKII is an optimal device to be used within professional acoustic settings like mastering studios and broadcasting stations.
The CD-RW901MKII could be enjoyed for many years in the respective environment.
Features at a glance
- Adopts AK4528VM audio codec made by Asahi Kasei Microdevices which has 24-bits processing
- Independent input level controls provides serious level control
- Supported media: CD-R, CD-R-DA, CD-RW, CD-RW-DA
- High speed CD-RW Supports
- CD drive supports playback of CD-DA and Data-CD
- High reliability proprietary TEAC tray drive
- OPC (optimum power control) function: Adjusting the laser power for each disc type
- Fade-in/Fade-out recording function (1 to 30 seconds, 1 seconds increments)
- Sync recording function: Automatically start/stop recording at a preset level (–24dB to –72dB, 6dB increments)
- Digital volume for adjusting recording level seriously (–∞, –54.0dB to 18.0dB)
- Automatic track division: Automatically insert a track division at a preset condition
- Manual track division: Insert a track division by manual operation
- Time track division: Automatically insert a track division per preset interval (1 to 10 minutes, 1 minutes increments)
- Rec-mute function: Recording four seconds of silence on the disc
- Selectable maximum recording track numbers (automatically stop at preset number)
- Erase function: Erase selected track or disc (for CD-RW)
- Four playback modes (continuous, single, program, random)
- Repeat playback function (continuous, single, program, random, A-B)
- Fade-in/Fade-out playback function (OFF, 1 to 30 seconds, 1 seconds increments)
- Auto-cue function: Automatically pause by detection of a sound of start point in a track
- Auto-ready function: Automatically pause at head of next track after playback previous track
- Pitch control playback function: Pitch and speed can be varied (±16%, 0.1 to 1.0% increments, for CD-DA)
- Key control playback function: (b1 to b6, #1 to #6, half-note increments, for CD-DA)
- When using key control function with pitch control function, these function provides speed changing without changing pitch
- Timer playback function (external timer sold separately): Automatically begin playback when turned on
- Unfinalize function (for CD-RW): Erase TOC information of finalized CD-RW
- Time display switching (elapsed track/disc time, remaining track/disc time)
- CD-text editing supports
- PS/2 keyboard (sold separately) connection for remote control or entering a title
- SRC (sampling rate converter): Automatically convert the incoming frequency to 44.1kHz (for 32 to 48kHz)
- RCA analog unbalanced inputs/outputs
- COAXIAL digital input/output (IEC60958-3:S/PDIF)
- OPTICAL digital input/output (IEC60958-3:S/PDIF)
- Headphone output (20mW/ch)
- 3-polar AC sockets with the detachable AC cable
- 2U EIA rackmountable
- RoHS certified
Dedicated Features for CD-RW901MKII
- Sync trim function (±125 frame, ±1.67 seconds)
- Automatic track division with trim function (±125 frame, ±1.67 seconds)
- Selectable COPY ID（free/1 generation/prohibit/SCMS）
- Call function: Return to a point at which playback last started from ready mode
- EOM (end of message) function: EOM indicator will light-up before the end of track or disc (1 to 99 seconds)
- ISRC/RID code display function
- Time skip function: While in playback or ready, moves the playback point to forwards or backwards (1 seconds increments)
- Index search function: Search indexes within a track that were assigned during recording
- Overlap recording function: Using two-units CD-RW901MKII to make continuous recording
- Fader start/stop control via parallel control connector
- D-sub 9pin RS-232C serial control connector
- D-sub 15pin parallel control connector
- XLR analog balanced inputs/outputs
- XLR digital input/output (IEC60958-4:AES/EBU)
- Wired remote controller included