Akai LPD8V2 USB MIDI laptop pad controller
Ultra-portable production pad.
The LPD8 laptop pad controller is a USB-MIDI controller for musicians, producers, DJs and other music creators. It measures less than 13 inches across and weighs less than a pound to easily fit into a laptop case, backpack or messenger bag for extreme portability.
The LPD8 is based on Akai Professionals MPC line of iconic music production stations. Producers who love the feel of the MPC and want to work with software on their computer will find that the LPD8 gives their laptop the controls they prefer over a mouse and keyboard.
The LPD8 has eight orange light-up pads that are velocity sensitive for programming rhythmic or melodic parts. The pads can also send program-change information to software. Additionally, the LPD8 has eight assignable Q-Link knobs you can assign to virtually any parameters in their software for hands-on control.
The LPD8 works plug and play with Mac and PC and requires no software driver installation or wall power for operation. It has four memory banks for programming and recalling settings appropriate to different software programs you use.
Make music in any setting with the LPD8.
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads can send note or program change
- Eight Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameters in software
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered €“ no additional power cable needed
- LPD8 controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
USB 1.1 (2.0 compatible)
- User editable via included editor software
- Send note with velocity
- Assignable program change
- Assignable control message
- Sends a value of 0-127 depending on how hard the pad is struck.
LED backlight responds to midi note on.
8 assignable knobs send midi CC#
Do I need any special software to make this work?
- No, you can use it with the MIDI music application of your choice. LPD8 is MIDI compliant so it works with popular applications like GarageBand, Logic, Sonar, Cubase, Ableton Live and nearly all other MIDI applications.
How does this connect to my computer?
- A USB cable is included in the box for connection to your Mac or PC.
Does this work on a Mac?
- Yes, LPD8 works on both Mac OS X and Windows
Does this require me to install any special drivers?
- No, LPD8 is plug-and-play as long as your computer's MIDI functions are working properly.
We Also Recommend
M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3 61-Key USB-Powered MIDI Controller
Arturia MINILAB MKII Portable Packed Controller
M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 49-Key USB-Powered MIDI Controller