Epiphone AJ220SCEVSNH Acoustic Electric with Solid Spruce Top, Shadow Preamp System - Vintage Sunburst
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE Solid Top Acoustic features the classic ‘Advanced Jumbo’ style body with an elegant cutaway and a Solid Top of Solid Sitka Spruce (Ebony, Natural and Vintage Sunburst finish) or a Solid Mahogany Top in a new Mahogany Burst.
Quality Materials, Classic Construction
While the AJ shape plays a big role in its signature sound, the AJ-220SCE benefits from the use of premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is made of solid Sitka Spruce that not only sounds great right out of the box but actually improves with age and lots of playing time. The back and sides are made of select mahogany. The solid mahogany neck has a 25.5” scale and is glued to the body using TiteBond™ glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint for great stability, tone, and sustain. The neck features Epiphone's classic 1960's SlimTaper™ D-profile with a smooth, fast, satin finish that’s easy to play. The bound fingerboard has a 12” radius with a 1.68” nut, 20 medium jumbo frets, and dot inlays. The classic "reverse-belly" bridge has a compensated saddle for traditional looks and accurate intonation. And last but not least, the AJ-220SCE has a tortoise-style pickguard with traditional metal "E" to protect the top against pick marks on the beautiful Natural finish
- Epiphone’s Top Selling Acoustic—the classic Jumbo!
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top Plus New Mahogany Top in Mahogany Burst finish
- ShadowTM Performer Tuner™ System for True Acoustic Sound
- Featuring On-Board EQ and Chromatic Tuner
Shadow Premium Electronics!
The AJ-220SCE is equipped with Shadow's new Performer Tuner™ preamp and NanoFlex™ pickup system for great acoustic tone when plugged in. Made by Shadow Germany, the new Performer Tuner™ preamp features all the controls you need to tailor the sounds of your AJ-220SCE to suit your playing style, volume level, and venue size. Professional features on this state-of-the-art preamp include a built-in Chromatic Tuner, Master Volume, Bass, Treble, Low Battery indicator, and a Phase switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback. It also features a Tuner/Mute button which comes in handy when plugging in or unplugging your guitar. The Performer Tuner™ preamp uses two 2032 lithium watch batteries that are not only lightweight, but provide significantly longer life than old-fashioned, heavy 9-volt batteries. Under the AJ-220SCE's compensated saddle is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup. Unlike a piezo, the NanoFlex’s™ unique and flexible sensing material features integrated active electronics and picks up not only string vibrations but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone without the harshness of piezo pickups
Epiphone Rock Solid Hardware
The AJ-220SCE includes all nickel hardware including premium sealed die-cast tuners with 14:1 ratio for tuning accuracy and stability.
- Top Material: B, NA, VS = Solid Sitka Spruce, MA = Solid Mahogany
- Body Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ C-Shape
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 25.50"
- Fingerboard Material: Granadillo with "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20, Medium/Jumbo
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Die-Cast with Kidney buttons; 14:1 ratio
- Bridge Pickup: NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup
- Controls: Shadow® Performer Tuner Preamp, Built-In Tuner with auto-mute, Master Volume, Phase (feedback cancellation), Treble EQ, Bass EQ, Tuner (on/off); On - Output Muted
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with vintage metal "E" logo
- Power: Two 2032 Lithium Batteries
- Output: 1/4" Endpin
- Colors: Ebony, Natural, Mahogany Burst, Vintage Sunburst
- Bridge: Granadillo
We Also Recommend
OVATION AE44-5 Applause Elite Series Guitar- BLACK
Epiphone EAPPVSCH Pro 1 Plus Acoustic -Solid Spruce Top, Short Scale, Ultra Light Strings, Vintage Sunburst
Fender 0970743006 Newporter Player Acoustic Electric – Black