Marshall ORI20C Origin 20 20W 1x10 Combo Amplifier with FX Loop and Boost
Marshall Amplification Origin 20 20W 1x10 Combo Amplifier with FX Loop and Boost
The Marshall Amplification Origin 20 is a 20W combo amplifier intended for use with electric guitars. It utilizes a tube-powered design, with Three ECC83 preamp tubes and two EL84 tubes for the power amp. With a 10" Celestion V-type speaker, the amp gives you a tone that screams Marshall. This is a one channel amplifier with controls for bass, middle, treble, and volume.
Additionally, you’ll find a Tilt tone control, a filter independent from the main equalizer circuit. The Tilt knob changes the voice of the amp from a modern tone to a more vintage timbre. Furthermore, the volume knob plays host to a pull-boost feature which adds some extra gain into the signal, giving you the pleasant breakup of tube-based distortion. With the included footswitch, you can control the pull-boost with a tap of your toe.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier, and you'll note three 1/4" speaker outputs for routing to 16- and 8-Ohm cabinets. In addition to the 1/4" footswitch input and 1/4" DI output, you'll see 1/4" jacks for an external effects loop. This is useful for patching your outboard gear and pedals directly into the Origin 5's signal path.
Add a Boost
Using the foot-switchable gain boost, you can add that extra level of gain to generate overdriven Marshall tone. Without a footswitch, you can use the push-pull mechanism built into the volume knob.
This amp may only have one channel, but using the tilt control, you can blend your sound between normal and high treble voices.
1/4" DI Output
The DI output can be used to route sound straight to the house PA or recording interface, and sports a loudspeaker emulation that gives you the sound of a miked cab over this line.
Front-Panel Power Reduction Switch
Marshall's reducing technology, called Powerstem, allows you to utilize high or low power modes without affecting tonal quality.
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Output Power: 20 W
- Channels: 1
- Tube Types: 3 x Preamp 12AT7/ECC82
- 2 x Power EL34/6CA7
- Output Impedance: 8/16 ohms Mono
- Effects Loop: Yes, Series
- Built-In Effects: None
- Master Volume: Yes
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Mono Instrument
- 1 x 1/4" Mono Effects Return
- 1 x 1/4" Mono Footswitch
- Outputs: 3 x 1/4" Mono External Speaker
- 1 x 1/4" Mono DI
- Tone Section: Channel 1: Bass, Gain, Mid, Presence, Tone, Treble
- Speaker Through/Output: 3x 1/4"
- Configuration: 1x 10" Speaker(s)
- Cabinet Type: Straight Semi-Open Mono
- Power Rating: 30 W
- Input Impedance: 16 ohms Mono
- Construction Material: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Covering: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 20.5 x 16.5 x 9.4" / 520.0 x 420.0 x 240.0 mm Combo
- Weight: 30.64 lb / 13.9 kg Combo