Tascam MODEL16 all-in-one Analog Mixer, Multi-Track Digital Recorder & Audio Interface
TASCAM's Model 16 all-in-one mixer brings the flagship Model 24's powerful recording and mixing features and functionality to a new level of compactness and affordability, creating a full-featured small format mixer that combines the warmth of analog with a digital workflow. The Model 16 is the perfect mixing solution for small format live performance, recording and production environments, featuring a multi-track recorder, USB audio interface, effects, comprehensive mixing and routing capabilities, and Bluetooth wireless.
With the Model 16, your perfect mix has met its match.
14 easy-to-access top-panel inputs provide flexible options for microphones or instrument connections, including 10 Mic/14 Line/2 Inst to allow easy access for connecting microphones, instruments or other audio sources for live recording or mixing.
A Bluetooth 5.0 enabled Stereo Input Source Channel also provides stereo RCA and 1/8" Stereo (selectable) jacks for streaming audio device level control.
Mic Inputs 1 through 8 deliver pristine audio quality, featuring TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Architecture) technology for pure, transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise.
A tactile Gain knob tops each channel for precise tweaking of input levels. A push-button Lo-Cut filter and three-position Input Selector (Live/PC/MTR) facilitate quick and precise control of input source signals. A 1-knob inline Compressor is available on inputs 1-8 as is a mid-range sweepable 3-band EQ.
3 Aux bus (MON1, MON2[pre/post], FX) and PFL Listen round out the Model 16's pro-level signal path routing options. A Sub bus provides an additional stereo lineout source to the master SEND section.
3 AUX Outs let you route the audio signal for stage monitoring, or to external gear such as outboard effects, signal processors or headphone mixes. And the Footswitch control jack provides additional monitoring and control features.
The Model 16's MTR section features a powerful internal 16-Track Multi-track recorder, capturing 14 Inputs and 2 Main Mix simultaneous tracks of audio to an internal SD card in pristine 24-bit/48 kHz quality. Record anything from live performance to rehearsals, worship events, spoken word and meetings, as well as perform overdubs and punch-in/out quickly and easily.
Recorded tracks can be immediately mixed, mastered or exported to a computer for further editing, formatting and publishing.
An internal 16 input/14 output USB audio interface captures audio at a 24-bit/48 kHz sampling rate for recording or playing back from an external DAW (digital audio workstation). The new generation TASCAM USB driver delivers the minimum size of the audio buffer which can be set to as low as 4 samples, resulting in extremely low latency and the highest level of efficiency when recording audio.
Using the channel Mode switch, each channel can select the input source as needed. This allows a super flexible input configuration to be selected where some inputs can be live, other inputs can play tracks from the internal MTR, while other inputs can play tracks from a computer via USB, all simultaneously.
The Model 16's versatile Effects Section offers 16 editable and foot-controllable multi-effects, including reverb, delay, chorus and flange.
A 4-Band EQ with mid-range sweepable, wide/narrow Q can be dialed in for crafting the perfect mix, assignable to MAIN outs or MON1/2 outs as you like.
Features at a glance
- 16-track multi-track recorder (WAV, up to 48kHz/24-bit) to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards (Class 10 or higher required)
- Punch in/out capability (up to 8 tracks simultaneously)
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive (16-in/14-out) audio data to/from DAW
- 14 inputs (10 Monaural XLR/TRS balanced and 2 Stereo-paired TRS balanced)
- 10 mic Pre-amps utilizing TASCAM Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp technology (CH 1 thru 8)
- Pre-amp Gain Controller with Signal/Over-load Indicator (CH 1 thru 12)
- Input Mode switch (LIVE/USB/MTR) per input channel
- 1-knob compressor (CH 1 thru 8)
- 3-band EQ with a sweep-able mid-range frequency (CH 1 thru 8)
- 100Hz Low-cut Filter (CH 1 thru 12)
- Phantom Power (+48V) for all XLR inputs
- 3 AUX Outputs (MON 1[pre], MON 2[pre/post], FX[post])
- Mute, MAIN/SUB, PLF switches per input channel
- Bluetooth® 5.0 input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and 1/8" Stereo Mini jacks (CH 13/14)
- Hi/Lo shelf, wide and narrow-Q semi-parametric EQs (for Main and SUB outputs)
- 16 TASCAM Effects like reverb, delay, chorus and flange
- MAIN Output via XLR balanced and SUB Output via TRS balanced connectors
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- 1/4" Stereo Headphone Output
- REMOTE connector for a Foot Switch (TASCAM RC-1F)
- Self-emitted buttons for key operations such as REC and Play for better status legibility
- Comprehensive simplified menu tree
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 19-inch rack mountable with optional Model 16 rackmount kit
- FAUX wood Side Panels (Removable)
We Also Recommend
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Generation USB Interface - SCARLETTSOLOMK3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface - 3rd Generation