Universal Audio LA2A Classic Leveling Amplifier
Universal Audio LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier
Audio professionals revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its smooth, natural compression characteristics. A unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion — an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today. This faithful Universal Audio reissue marks the rebirth of the Teletronix LA-2A. Painstaking care has been taken to ensure that every new LA-2A provides the performance characteristics of the original. Each unit is point-to-point hand-wired and built in Scotts Valley, California, with every component carefully evaluated for authenticity. As a result, today’s LA-2A will bring the same legendary compression characteristics of the original to all of your recordings.
Each unit is hand-built and hand-wired in-house at UA with each component being carefully evaluated for authenticity. No expense has been spared to guarantee that this LA-2A will bring that classic sound to your recording. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
- Distortion less than 0.5% THD
- 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
- Balanced stereo interconnection
- Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
- Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
- Low noise – less than 70 dB below ±10 dBm output
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty